Join GameGlance in our quest for global dominance. Just kidding. Here’s our current available positions and how to apply:
GameGlance Media Corp. is a news/media company that looks at the world through the eyes of gamers, and tech lovers. We are always looking for creative and motivated individuals to work with our growing team.
Interested students should expect a hands-on internship working directly with our editorial team.
- Participate in the content-creation process in producing articles and reviews for GameGlance’s online magazines, as well as digital-first content to be deployed on brand websites and on social media channels.
- Write a variety of articles, ranging from breaking news to longer reviews.
- Collaborate with our Sales and Audience Development teams to produce client-facing branded content.
- Independently fact-check and research content in development.
- Generate ideas for new articles and reviews.
- Create a variety of content designed to enrich the reader’s experience and provide an insider’s perspective of the gaming industry.
- Only currently enrolled students earning academic credit will be considered.
- Ability to write clearly, quickly, and with attention to detail.
- Passion for design in all forms, from architecture and interiors to product and fashion.
- Detail-oriented, intellectually curious, able to take direction, and eager to learn about writing for digital and print publications.
- Relevant work experience, course-work, or extracurricular activities in journalism, communications, marketing, or other related fields.
- If applicable, provide samples of your written work via PDF or links to any online pieces.
- Include any social media handles you use for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Practical experience with digital and print production workflow.
- Build your writing portfolio.
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable industry professionals.
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings.
- Flexible schedule for students.
We are looking for a curious, passionate, detail-oriented individual to intern part time with GameGlance in a Social Media Marketing role. This individual will report to the Social Media Marketing Manager and will work closely with other cross-functional teams on broader company initiatives.
Who You Are
You are a creative, entrepreneurial, and savvy social media intern that’s ready to join our growing marketing team. You should be comfortable creating and managing social media accounts, developing content to inform, educate and engage the brand’s audience to increase awareness and achieve marketing goals.
You have a keen eye for social media trends and best practices and (hopefully) have experience using major content management systems and social media analytics. An ideal candidate is resourceful and can problem-solve independently. An exceptional candidate will have an arsenal of skills including: graphic design, photography, and copywriting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Social Media Marketing Manager in brainstorming and creating content across all social media platforms.
- Update sections of our website with articles, videos, podcasts, quotes, books, magazines, blogs and find creative ways to feature on social.
- Research potential products, games, developers, producers to be featured in the GameGlance Magazine that coincides with larger marketing initiatives and editorial calendar.
Research and Insights
- Conduct on-going research projects on key industry trends, competitive insights and audience insights.
- Monitor and stay on top of emerging trends in social media, culture and applications to appropriately apply that knowledge for content creation.
- Research and provide insights on the below topics to inspire meaningful content: Gaming, Gadgets, Tech, and related industries.
Analytics and Reporting
- Work with Social Marketing Manager to generate weekly and monthly reports.
- Track and analyze influencer mentions
- Build a robust growth strategy by executing personalized, quality engagement.
- Regularly assist in scheduling and posting content on our social accounts.
- Support in capturing on brand IG Story mentions to be used for potential paid assets.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with the ability to earn school credit for participating.
- Knowledge of social media channels & platforms, including (but not limited to) Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Must be a self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Must be proactive with the ability to work virtually as this position is a remote opportunity.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to self-manage.
- Must be Internet savvy and have a strong interest in social media.
Internship is for school credit only.